The Cincinnatian was published annually by the students of the University of Cincinnati from 1894 through 1972, with the exception of 1906, and sporadically since 1972. It offers primary material on students, faculty, the physical campus, athletic teams, social and political events, and student organizations. It is especially noteworthy for documenting trends in graphic design, the relationship of the university to the community, and student reaction to national events.
Support for this project was provided by two Library Services and Technology Act Minigrants awarded by the State Library of Ohio. The first grant covered digitization of The Cincinnatian through 1950. The second grant covered digitization of volumes from 1951-2006.