Civil War Exemptions (Hamilton County, Ohio)
Permanent URI for this collection
The Civil War exemptions were surviving records, along with other diverse public documents, after the 1884 Hamilton County Courthouse fire, and they represent military service exemptions granted by the Provost Marshal General’s Bureau upon posting of a monetary bond. This particular Bureau represented the 1st District of Ohio, i.e. Hamilton County. Records have been digitized, and prominent names and dates have been entered into the metadata -- Browse Subjects for the names of those seeking exemptions.
For further information on the Civil War in Cincinnati and Hamilton County, please contact the Archives & Rare Books Library at their website: www.libraries.uc.edu/libraries/arb; by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or by telephone: 513.556.1959.
- ItemCivil war exemption : Femmen, John, 1862-09-01(1862-09-01)
- ItemCivil war exemption : Alvers, William, 1862-09-27(1862-09-27)
- ItemCivil war exemption : Williams, J. P., 1862-09-27(1862-09-27)
- ItemCivil war exemption : West, H., 1862-09-26(1862-09-26)
- ItemCivil war exemption : Weijs, John, 1862-09-18(1862-09-18)